LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
The future prosperity of Mauritius depends on 3 pillars of economic growth – exports,
investments and productivity. This cannot be accomplished without providing security
of property and people, and building responsive and competent institutions.
The South African Chamber of Commerce in Mauritius has been created specifically
to encourage and help develop bi-lateral trade between South Africa and Mauritius,
to help create a workspace where entrepreneurs and investors can thrive and prosper.
The objectives of the Chamber are as follows:
- to promote, encourage and facilitate trade, services and investment between South Africa and Mauritius
- to promote the role of Mauritius as a regional hub and the destination of choice for the establishment of investment opportunities into the African continent
- to support and assist our members interests
- to promote and facilitate the integration of businesses owned/managed by South Africans in Mauritius with the wider Mauritian business community
- to represent and promote South African business interests on specific and general issues with the Government and other relevant authorities.
The Chamber provides its members with appropriate information and news, knowledge bank resources, events and networking opportunities in order to fulfil these objectives. Through the support of our Patrons, Event Sponsors and Affinity Partners, the Chamber hosts regular business presentations and social event. Our members also benefit from special discounts offered by our Affinity Partners and a Corporate rate with our Patron, South African Airways.
Our Board of Directors consists of volunteer individuals all of whom either have South African roots or have business interests with South Africa. These members represent a wide diversity of business activities from retailing domestically to international banking. As a member, we will strive to represent your interest at the highest level, and we look forward to helping shape the economic landscape on this island.